Skip to main content

Week 14: Social Media Management Tools

After reading a bit about the social media management tools, I would try Sprout Social first probably because it was ranked higher and has a long free trial. I've also had friends use Hootsuite, and it seems helpful because it includes both regular posting and social media ads. 

I've used TweetDeck before to do social posts for a website called the Sunday Long Read, and it's a great tool for scheduling tweets. It's also totally free, which makes it super handy. I know it has a lot of other features, but I haven't used the analytics or anything else yet. 

I think, with any of the above tools, I would use the scheduling feature and analytics feature for my business. Honestly, I would also probably just use the free versions for now too since I don't have a budget or any other staff besides myself to post.

I commented on Amy Mather's blog and learned that Zoho was the easiest scheduler to try without having to input a lot of credit card info and stuff. I think it's cool Zoho shows you your "brand health!" I'm curious to see what that means and eager to try it out for my brand. I also commented on Pablo's blog about Status Brew. I hadn't heard of that tool and like the idea that you can manage customer feedback through that platform. I think the custom hashtag feature is interesting too. Lastly, I commented on Alex's blog, where I learned about Loomly. It seemed similar to the other management software, with comparable pricing. I think overall it might be helpful to just do a trial membership with one of the products and see how it goes!

Comments

  1. Agree with the free versions! I would take advantage of the free scheduling and data collecting as well. Once the free trial ends, on to the next one. Lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week1A: My Spooky Blog Theme

Welcome to my blog! I chose this theme because, well, fall is approaching and my daughter and I love Halloween. Why not get in the "spirit" already? This coral/orange color felt urgent but also fun! I felt this theme had a clean, user-friendly look too-- which is likely what you want when you have people quickly scrolling through content, right? I changed a few of the fonts to make them more legible (no italics, for example). I'm planning to make some more adjustments depending on how many photos I use and whether the format is working in terms of the content I'm putting out.  *Noting here that I wrote these as three separate paragraphs, but the theme joined them all together. I even tried altering the html language... to no avail. Anyway, I need to figure out how to create separate paragraphs on this blog! Let the learning experience begin!

Week 11 Part A: Marketing with Twitter, TikTok, Google for Business, LinkedIn, and more

I decided to look at social influencers and Tik Tok, since I know the least about both of them. I think social influencers (though I really despise the term and tbh kind of the concept!!) could really help me grow my brand. For example, if I had the woman behind FamDiego sharing some of my content, it might be helpful. She mainly stays in actual San Diego, so I don't think it would be a conflict of interest or competition...but who knows! Anyway, worth a shot. I like the idea of having an influencer write a guest post and then share it on their site. So FamDiego could come to an event with me in North County, say, and then write about our experience together. Or just tag me in her post about the event perhaps? And I could do the same. For Tik Tok, I'm not sure how it would be too different from doing a Reel on instagram or Facebook..but maybe I could just post that content on Tik Tok as well. I know a lot of "mommy blogs" (also dislike that term haha) do little reels

Week 12 Part A: Using Business Specific Online Tools

Since my business is community and collaboration-based, I found these sites very fun to research.  I first joined a few groups on LinkedIn: Conscious Parenting, Mindful Parenting, and San Diego 411. I'm interested to see how they play out and what messages come up on each group. I'll check back later this week. I also searched for some groups on MeetUp. I used to go to MeetUps in NYC when I had just moved there and was looking for friends. I did meet some nice people, though I also encountered a lot of odd men who just came to the MeetUps to meet women. So with MeetUp now, I would definitely be very selective in which groups I posted on or events I attended. I joined MomsNightOut so far. I didn't see too many parenting groups in there, so that could certainly be a good opportunity for me to create a couple MeetUp events for North County parents! In the same vein, I could try posting things on Eventbrite, since I often use that to find local events. I don't think Google